Swimming: Open Levels
Learning to swim takes time, practice, and patience, but the rewards are tremendous. The faculty believe that swimming is an essential part of a full life. Using unique and dynamic teaching methods, the experienced staff will take NEST+m kids the whole way from beginners to master-swimmers.
There are two essential parts to successful swimming – technique and training. Technique will be addressed first as a foundation. Once your child has secured good technique, appropriate workouts become more effective.
These workouts will combine stroke/kicking drills, and interval sets, which together will make training more effective and fun. Children are divided up into groups based on skill level. Please note this course is held off site and is weather permitting.
Please, find below a brief overview of our swim levels your child will be placed in:
Beginner 1: Water Exploration
– Buoyancy skills, glide, breath control, developing safety and confidence comfort in water
-Introduction to freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, streamline and focus on foundation of swimming
Intermediate 1: Stroke Development
– Stroke development: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, streamline and focus on developing stamina
Intermediate 2: Advanced skill development
– Stroke improvement: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, streamline, threading and dives with a focus on improving form and strength
Advanced 1: Stroke Readiness
– Development: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly breaststroke and dives
Advanced 2: Stroke Improvement
– Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, starts and turns
Swim Team/ Junior lifeguard prep*
– Stroke refinement, endurance and basic lifesaving skills
Please Note: Due to the off-site location of the Swim course, 5pm bus service is unavailable to all swim students.
Swimming: True Beginners
Please note this course is held off-site. Limited Seats available. Now accepting Kindergarteners!
This course is intended for students who have absolutely no experience with swimming. Our True Beginner program develops water comfort and confidence to help our swimmers achieve swimming and safety goals. Group sizes are small and therefore there will be a lot of attention for each student.